Sunday, February 15, 2015

Our New First Aid Kit (and other products we've replaced with essentialoils)

I've been wanting to write this post for a couple of weeks now, but what's been stopping me was my own skeptisism on how I would handle fever and fussiness if I tossed our favorite pain reliever and fever reducer in the trash, in favor of oils I hadn't proven to treat those yet.

Well, yesterday I had that opportunity. For those of you who don't know Baby Madeline, she is a very happy, easy-going baby. Fussiness just isn't something we have to worry about at our house (Flashback to 4 years ago, her sister was a completely different story. We considered buying stock in the pain reliever/fever reducer.) 

Anyway, Madeline was abnormally fussy and shoving her hands in her mouth. I looked up and read on teething and fussiness and saw it as an opportunity to prove we could live life without that bottle of fever reducer/pain reliever. 

Within 5 minutes after applying diluted thieves to her gums, diluted peace and calming to her chest and diluted cedarwood to her feet, we had this child:



And I have testimony after testimony of success to offer up of oils we've tried and had results, and products we no longer use/need/buy! I won't do that here, but plan on starting a separate blog for EOs soon. (Please comment below if interested in following my EO blog so I can be sure to add you.)

I am not able to list the products we no longer use, so I will list the generic uses:
Pain reliever/fever reducer
Cough and cold medicine
Pain reliever (cramps)
Allergy meds
Prescription pain reliever
Face wash
Antibiotic gel
Baby lotion
Wrinkle cream
Lotion
Moisturizer
Eye makeup remover
Under eye cream
Dark spot/age spot treatment
Wart remover
Anxiety and depression meds
Doctor visits
Meds prescribed at doctor visits (there have been no doctor visits)
Oral pain reliever for baby
Hand sanitizer
Prescription and OTC meds for back pain  and jaw pain
And I will add more as they come to mind!

I was so concerned about the initial investment into this life change, that we wouldn't be able to afford it, but so far I am seeing a savings which totally blows me away.

I truly believe in trying to offer the healthiest lifestyle I can provide for my family, and as I learn better, I do better. 

I feel confident too, knowing that I am equipped with the right resources to treat my babies in an informed manner, and that I am using the highest quality EOs.

If you are interested in doing the same, this is where I started, but only make that decision after doing your own personal research. http://yl.pe/9rn



No comments:

Post a Comment