Monday, January 20, 2014

The Waking Hour

I secretly love the hour I spend awake in the middle of the night. It's the one time of day I have the house to myself, and time alone with the baby. What a time of ease and peace! 

I wake up around 12:30, like clockwork, each night, usually to Madeline stretching or fussing....rarely crying. 

I feed her and while she nurses I will either binge watch Downton Abbey or Parenthood, or read from my bible app or devotional. 

Then Madeline gets a diaper, and goes back to sleep.

I pump afterward, where I'm able to catch an extra. 3 ounces each night to keep is in surplus.  

I wash parts, freeze milk and grab a glass of juice as a treat and to rehydrate. 

Then I finish watching the episode of whichever show I had on or write as I am now, then go back to sleep. 

Precious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment