Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ages and Stages

Putting away Madeline's newborn clothes and gear is bittersweet. I can't believe she's almost 4 months!

With Anna Claire, it was easier. We knew we'd have another one. But with Madeline, I am realizing she's my last chance to experience these precious infant milestones.

I am sad as I pack up her 0-3 month and newborn clothes (especially the ones she never wore!)

I've put away the infant sling that attaches to her bathtub. She's too big. 

But what saddens me the most is thinking about the sweet phases she's moved past. 

Now a pro at nursing, she doesn't bobble her head or root around anymore when I feed her. 

I miss her soft peach fuzz hair that now been replaced by a new crop of big girl hair.

I'm also bummed each time she is ready for the next size diaper. I found one of her newborn diapers today and held it up to her. I can't believe how she's grown.

But I also love each phase of a child's development and get excited about each coming phase.

Right now I'm looking forward to introducing solid foods. We're starting oatmeal this week then trying a new yellow or orange fruit or veg every 3 days.

Looking forward to watching her try out her exersaucer for the first time and rolling onto her tummy for the first time. 

And I love living in the moment and appreciating what she can do today. Madeline makes a sweet gurgling sound and a fake cough when she wants to get our attention.

Bottom line, I love being a mommy and treasure every phase. 



No comments:

Post a Comment