Monday, March 9, 2015

Seventeen months: ten things I love about Madeline right now.

I was just running through a list of things I in my mind that are unique to Madeline and her age, things that I will be sad when she no longer does them, and things I will never want to forget. Many times I think, I need to write this down! So I will! Here goes:

1. I love how perky and happy you are when you wake up in the morning. "Hi!" Or "Hi Mommy!" Love starting my day with your sweet smile.

2. I love how you say Anna Claire's name "Ah-Cwaire!"

3. I love that while you cry, you actually say, "I cry!" In case we miss the tears or the high-pitched screaming, you have a back up plan.

4. One day I will miss how you pull each of your books off the shelf, examining each one, telling us who is on the cover, until they are all on the floor.

5. I will miss how when you want to nurse you hug my leg and say, "I cuddle."

6. I love how you always gently pat our backs whenever we pick you up to hold you.

7. I love how gentle you are with Kitty. You have never been rough with her. It's like you instinctively know she's old and fragile. 

8. I love our dinner time games that you have us play, getting us all to clap, put our arms up, wave, fist-bump and "explode."

9. I will miss how much you love Frozen. Even when listening to the musical score in the car and how you'll holler "uh oh, Elsa!" when you know something is about to happen to her or "Olaf!" when you know it's his part in the movie.

10. I may not miss this, but you always cry when you're having fun but have to leave. Like when bath is over or when it's time to leave the park. "I wing! I horsey!" (Translation: I swing! I ride the horsey on the merry go round.)

No comments:

Post a Comment